Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blowing off the Dust

I haven't written in a long time.  Okay, that's a lie.  I haven't written a blog on here in a long time.  I wrfite everyday.  I post status updates on Facebook, at work I am constantly writing notes on cases and complaints along with emails and scribbles on my notepad.

But I haven't gone into a place where I can just get a bit deeper into my thoughts.  I have wanted too; why, I've even dreamed about sitting on my computer and writing a book.  But many times, the result is the same.  I question my motives.  Am I doing this to feed my ego because I actually think I have something to say that might inspire or ignite a discussion.  Maybe some of the things I have gone through can help someone struggling with the same issues I have.  Who knows, maybe I am just finding some sort of outlet to relieve my mind at night so I can sleep more peacefully without having strange and random conversations manifest in my dreams?

I am finding that many times my need to write stem from wrestling with a conversation I was a part of, digesting a piece of news for the day, or as in the past, fighting for my son's well-being in the California Family Courts.
I am approaching 39 this year and as I reflect at the things I have personally experienced, I am amazed at how I can still be alive.

I am opinionated and will debate things intensely.  It's a hard lesson, to weigh one's personal belief system with the perspectives from others.  It's interesting to see how people define intolerance and being judgmental and often times I observe how we all display our "bigotry" and "hypocrisy" towards others.  I am going to post pictures found on Facebook, as well as comments and give my own commentary based on my opinions.  I'm going to throw prodding questions out there and hopefully challenge people- especially myself- in these discussions.

I am going to offend.  I am going to get ugly in different ways.  But this is my opinion people.  It's not speaking for an entire nation, religion, sexual preference, generation.  It's just coming from the person you probably don't really know.  It's coming from me.  I've been called a bigot.  I've been accused of speaking hateful rhetoric, narrow-minded, hypocrite, funny, cynical, smart, brave, loving, and a real jerk all in the same day.  (It was a good day that day).

What I get out of this more than anything, is that this is a part of my journey.  The Adam that you thought you knew, is probably just a small piece of the picture.  Maybe you will be fine with that.  Maybe you will come to find that we really don't see eye to eye on anything.  Maybe you will be somewhere in between.  I hope you take a few moments from time to time to read, I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment