Grasp
The man you made is far different than the man in the mirror
The one that I see
After 40 years of doing everything in my power to reject
you,
You remain by my side, never releasing your grasp on my
heart.
When I turned my back against the promises you spoke to me
Promises of life eternal, promises of the freedom from
death, promises of pain no more
I sought the desires of this world
I sought women that wouldn’t love me and would easily forget
my name
I sought moments of ecstasy instead of infinite intimacy
I ran from responsibility of living out love
I ran in fear from you, holding the lies of this world’s
realities
When the truth was right in front and inside of me all along
And when I look in the mirror and see the scars from my
actions
I remember the scars of your grace and mercy, clutching my
life in your hands
You are my shelter, you are my strength and you are the
Artist who knew me in the womb
Despite these things I have done and will do again I am
sure,
Still you are here, letting me breathe, surrounding me with
such beauty,
Never letting me go.
No comments:
Post a Comment